As a business owner or manager, you want to feel confident that your insurance coverage will protect the equipment so critical to your success. Alarmingly, each year, according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau, more than 13,500 pieces of construction equipment are stolen in the United States.
Standard property coverage is typically designed to protect the assets at your business address. But if you have equipment or materials that frequently move to different locations, you may need inland marine coverage. An inland marine policy can cover the high-end digital SLR camera for your photography business, the power cleaners you use to clean floors, or the bulldozer at your newest construction project.
Whether you’re a small artisan contractor with unique tools and equipment or a large specialty construction operation,  you need to be adequately protected by an inland marine policy or endorsement. At RSS we’re passionate about finding creative solutions to meet your complex exposure needs. Here’s a look at some of the coverages many of our premier carriers offer through enhanced inland marine coverage:

Coverage Highlights

  • Automatic coverage for newly
    purchased equipment
  • Automatic replacement cost
  • Continuing rental or lease payments
  • Employee tools
  • Flood and earthquake
  • Hauling equipment of others
  • Income coverage
  • Leased or rented equipment
  • Lower deductible for owner’s tools
  • Mechanical breakdown for mounted
    computer equipment
  • Miscellaneous unscheduled equipment
  • Rental reimbursement

Inland marine insurance is available standalone or can be packaged with other coverages, so you can select the option that best meets your business’s needs. To learn more about how we can help protect your assets that are on the go with inland marine insurance, please contact one of our insurance professionals today!