As technology progresses, we are continuing to see a slew of online insurance companies advertising a “quick and easy experience” when it comes to obtaining both personal and business insurance policies.
While online insurance companies may make the process “quicker”, there are many problems that can occur when using an online insurance service.
We put together a list of five reasons why buying insurance online can be risky. See below. ↓
- CONFUSION. The first and most dangerous reason buying insurance online should be avoided is lack of understanding on the client’s end. There is often no guidance as to what an individual or business actually needs from their insurance policy. Businesses fall under different class codes and individuals have different risks pertaining to their home, vehicles, etc. Without the guidance of an insurance professional, necessary coverage can be overlooked, and coverage limits can be set too low to provide the client with proper insurance coverage in the event of a claim.
- NO LOCAL GUIDE. Having a trusted LOCAL insurance advisor in your area can have major benefits. Necessary insurance coverages can vary depending on what area of the country you reside in. A local insurance advisor will understand these specific needs and can tailor your insurance plan to fit your lifestyle.
- NO TRUSTED ADVISOR. Having a trusted insurance advisor that fully understands your current situation and claims history is extremely important. The claims process can be long and confusing. Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone in your corner that can guide you through the process? Having a dedicated insurance advisor ensures that issues will be solved, and your questions will be answered.
- CUSTOMIZATION ISSUES. Every business and individual have varying needs, which means that their insurance policies need to be customized to fit those specific needs. An online quoting system will most likely not be able to generate a customized policy around the specific needs of an individual or business. This means you will most likely get a general policy that is good for the average person but might not be the best option for you.
- LIFE CHANGES. As your life changes, your insurance policy should change with it in order to make sure your family and any assets you obtain are covered. Here at RSS, we try to be in constant communication with our clients, and we often remind them to keep us updated on any changes in their life. If buying insurance online, you will rarely speak to the same person, if you speak to anyone at all, and necessary policy updates will be missed.
There you have it. Buying insurance online may be “quicker”, but there’s also no reassurance that you are purchasing the correct coverage. Give us a call today to get a quote started. One of our insurance advisors would love to walk you through the insurance process.