How’s everybody doing? If you’re like me you’ve experienced a steady stream of different feelings during the last few weeks. Uncertainty, fear, gratitude, doubt…the list goes on and on. There’s a lot of information coming at us right now, and it’s hard to process it all as COVID-19 continues to shake up our world.
The best thing we can do is STAY HOME in order to contain the virus. So, how do we stay physically mentally and health during this time?
We put together a list of five things you can do be productive and stay physically and mentally healthy while quarantined.
- KEEP MOVING. The number one thing you can do during these uncertain times is keep moving. We are lucky enough to live in a state where the sun shines a majority of the year. Get outside, get some fresh air and take a deep breath. Should we get another snow storm (you never know in Colorado) check out online work-out videos. There are great (and free) routines that you can do from your living room to stay active. Are you a member of a gym? Many gyms are offering virtual fitness classes to get their members through the quarantine. Whatever you do…KEEP MOVING!
- CATCH UP WITH OLD FRIENDS. I’ve never been more grateful for technology. It’s easy to let your mind wander during these uncertain times. Pass the time and busy your mind by catching up with friends you haven’t talked to in a while on Facetime or Zoom.
- ORGANIZE. Use your quarantine time to clean out your closet, your garage or a spare bedroom you have been meaning to get to. Use this time to be as productive as possible to keep your mind occupied. Consider donating old items you no longer need to a local charity.
- CLEAN. It’s amazing what you notice about your home when you’re in it all day and night. I love to be out and about, and I have NEVER spent this much time at home. A little dust on a cabinet, crumbs under the microwave, remnants of last night’s dinner on the stove burner…these are now things I am now very aware of. On the bright side, my apartment has never been cleaner! Take this time to do the deep cleaning you never get to during regular life.
- PRIORITIZE. Use this time to think about goals you want to work towards once the COVID-19 craziness is over. What’s important to you? Do you have a big trip you want to go on? A house you want to by? Positive changes you want to make? Use this time to reflect on what’s important to you and what you want most out of life.
We hope some of these ideas help to ease your mind while we ride out the COVID-19 crisis. Stay calm, be kind and remember that we are all in this together.