Today is National Collector Car Appreciation Day, which means we HAD to write a blog post about the specialty insurance coverage RSS offers to collector car owners! As an RSS Insurance customer, you can be sure that your classic vehicle will have the best coverage available. Your investment will be protected by a vehicle insurance policy that is tailored especially for collectors. Classic car policies typically include the following features:
- Agreed-Value Coverage: This pays the vehicle’s full-insured value (less any applicable deductible) with no depreciation in the event of a total loss.
- Inflation Guard: Because collector vehicle values generally appreciate over time, many policies will automatically increase your vehicle’s calue by 2% every quarter, up to a maximum of 8% per year at no additional cost.
- Spare Parts Coverage: Your classic spare parts are automatically covered up to $500 (additional coverage may be available).
- $0 Deductible Available: This means you will have no out-of-pocket expense in the event of a claim.
- Flexible Usage: You’re not limited to “parades only” Enjoy driving your collector vehicle up to 2,500 or 5,000 annual miles. Our customers do not need to be in attendance of their vehicle during usage.
- Automatic Coverage for Additions to the Collection: 30-day automatic coverage is provided for any newly acquired qualifying vehicle that is added to your collection during the policy term (values up to $25,000).
The classic vehicles we insure are as varied and valuable as our customers who drive them. We can offer specialty coverage for your:
- Classic Cars
- Street Rods
- Antique Cars
- Muscle Cars
- Custom Vehicles
- Collector Trucks
- Kit/Replica Cars (Professionally Built)
- Military Vehicles
- Antique Motorcycles
- Custom Motorcycles (Age requirement does not apply)
- Antique Tractors
- Hot Rods
To learn more about coverage options and the qualifications your classic car must meet in order to obtain collector car insurance, please contact our office. Happy National Collector Car Appreciation Day!